(June 6, 2016 — June 12, 2016)
- On Sunday (June 12), we traveled to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Main purpose was to meet up with my sister, who was in from Texas with her baby boy. We decided to take the kids to Dollywood, a staple of my childhood. And if you have a one-day ticket for Dollywood, then you can get in free after 3p the day before. So, we did that on Sunday afternoon, but maybe more on that next week.
- Upcoming: Only the completion of the trip above.
Reading, Watching, and Listening
- Not a ton of progress on reading stuff this week.
- We watched another episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, season 2 and another episode of Catastrophe, season 2.
Family and Friends
- On Saturday, Charlie rode his bike about two miles to the mall for ice cream and back with his Cub Scout troop. He reported that it was a long way. I wanted to go with them, but we had too much going on. Tentatively planning to try to do the same ride with just my own kids, but would like to get the youngster off his training wheels first. I’m not sure how that’s going to go.
- Completed and installed the headboard. Intended to write a bit more about it here, but haven’t yet. You can see a picture, however.
* Put up a ceiling fan in aforementioned youngest child’s room. He got the first one because he’s closest to the attic access (and I had to change out the ceiling box to one that was fan-ready). The project ate up much of the day, but it went more smoothly than I expected overall.
Health and Fitness
- Ran four times this week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. On Saturday, I even did 10k, though I was lagging by the end. Next week will be back to my slacker ways, it appears.