(July 18, 2016 — July 24, 2016)
These posts keep going up late. And I’d like to either switch to or add some more substantive content. But, I’m glad that I’m posting regularly again, so we’ll stick to that for now.
- On Friday–Sunday, M and I went to Girl Scout Dad and Me camp at Girl Scout Camp Sacajawea in Lynchburg, Virginia for the second year in a row. The best thing, according to her? “No brothers!” (She loves her brothers and is awesome with them. Seriously. I took a picture of this morning her helping N learn to read. But she’s the middle child, and she likes the attention of a weekend with dad.)
- Upcoming: Nope.
Reading, Watching, and Listening
- Mostly read more articles that I sent to Instapaper. Here a couple of the best.
- Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All Absolutely harrowing.
- Understanding Hillary: Why the Clinton America Sees isn’t the Clinton Colleagues Know. This article claims not to be a profile, but it’s a pretty good one.
- Finished Fallen by Lia Mills. I’ll stand by my comments of last week: Great novel, but not really to my taste.
- I figured out what Why Time Begins on Opening Day is, and I restarted reading it. It is a collection, but its chapters include newspaper, magazine, and not-previously-published articles—of wildly different lengths. Enjoying it more, now that I figured out what it is.
- We started season 2 of Madame Secretary.
Family and Friends
- M and N were busy with day camps this week. It’s nice for them to have something to do and enjoy, but it’s a lot of running around!
Health and Fitness
- Took another week off running, but organized my half-marathon training schedule.